What is Strategic Thinking
ABOUT THE COURSE
Does your organization have a vision for the year that gives direction? Do you know where your company is headed in the next 3 to 5 years? What would you want your organization to be acknowledged for or recognized as a brand name in the market?
Having a strategic plan makes sure that you are relevant and not being left behind. It gives you and your team direction and motivates employees towards achieving a goal and doing meaningful work. But having a vision in mind is not everything.
A lack of ability to translate an inspiring picture of the company’s future into short- and long-term goals with a well-drawn out plan is what keeps some of the best leaders from realizing their vision. Strategic thinking also involves the key skills of assessing the past and using foresight to look into the future. While strategic thinking is a needed skill by all employees, it is amust-have skill as you move up the ladder. This workshop trains leaders and manager with the techniquesof developing their inner Strategists. It gives the leader a planning tool that forms the essential lens through which they will prioritize the long and short terms goals of the organizations and even their daily activities.
This workshop is useful to internal or external business improvement consultants. Leaders, line managers and change executives interested in a sustainable approach to thinking more strategically about their work and its value to the organization will benefit from the concepts of the workshop and the post-training follow up support from our team of experts.
- 2 Days In-Company Training Course
- Post Training Coaching & Project Review
- Develop skills for better business acumen and capitalize on opportunities
- Create a shared understanding of the business
- Prepare the workforce for a renewed or change focus in organizational purpose
- Formulate objectives and priorities, implement plans consistent with the short term and long-term interests of the organization,
- Manage risks by learning and implementing a robust planning structure
- Drive innovation and creative ideation as an approach toproblem-solving.
- Develop the ability to influence actions and outcomes outside of direct reporting structure
- Become more adaptable to deal with a diverse range of people and situations
- Experience the value of abiding by a strict code of ethics and behaviour, acting fairly and taking responsibility for the action of self and others in team i.e. "Walk the Talk"
- Stay self-motivated, high on personal discipline, ensuring a positive team environment in line with the organizational values
Leadership and The Bigger Picture- CRAFTING THE STRATEGY:
- Developing a Strategic Mindset? Exercise #1 What’s was the Strategy?
- Why Think Strategically? Exercise #2 What Difference Do You Want to Make?
- How to blend a clearly defined business focus with your personal vision.
- Leverage your assets: Take stock of, just not the present strengths, but the wealth of knowledge from past learnings to craft your vision.
- Explore the threats to realizing your vision- Self-centered focus, Greed with eyes on the immediate personal gain and unethical individual compasses.
The Long View: The Strategic Plan- EXECUTING THE STRATEGY (Part I):
- Use the Hedgehog Concept: 3 concepts, all equally important to help you begin crafting your vision
- Learn & practice the 5 Stage Process of Developing a Strategic Plan- The ABCDE Strategic Planning Model
- Use the diagnostic tool of SWOT to identify your resources, environmental opportunities, risks and threats to your vision
- Formulate your strategy into measurable elements that can be tracked and monitored regularly
- Learn the elements that make for a successful implementation of a Strategic Plan
- Who are your Strategic Partners? Learn the value of sorting your stakeholders based on their power and interest and obtain the buy-ins of key players and influencers
- Getting Down to Action- Diversifying your vision into the key components using the Pyramid Structure to achieve your Business Goals
How to Make the Boat Go Faster EXECUTING THE STRATEGY (Part II):
- Create a Culture of Discipline- Transforming jobs into individual responsibilities
- Learn the value of a Start and Stop List and design your own operational limits
- Creating a climate of truth through questioning and dialogue
- Realize the benefit of forming a team with an Entrepreneurial Mindset to lead the strategy
- Check your onboarding criteria to the core team with a set of questions that separate the entrepreneurs from loyalists
Creating a Climate for Success:
- Learn the importance of gaining commitment and the buy-in process
- Following up on your strategy with ensuring that voices are heard and building communication systems that ensure that all relevant information is bought to the table.
- Calibrating the plan and quality checks for better enforcement and higher credibility
- Create an informed strategy with leveraging your networks and that of your teams.
- Making strategic thinking a habit: Endorsing a culture of accountability, transparency and empowerment
The Leadership Checklist to enhance your Strategic Thinking Abilities:
- Learn the art of balancing Creativity with Realism
- Practice the creative process of Idea Incubation
- Maximize the potential of your brain by using both faculties
- Developing the ability to stop the judgement of yourself and others in its tracks
- Practice flexibility as the new status quo and create an ongoing process of reviewing progress
- Learn techniques to developing yourself to be perceptive and aware.
- Advance--- The time is taken out for yourself to exercise your ideation capabilities
- Onboarding of an outside, objective facilitator for yourself or your teams
Moving Ahead & The Way you Communicate:
- Exercise: Uncovering Strategic Opportunities
- Exercise: Handling Objections
- Workshop Approach:
- Presentations & Instructor-led sessions, Video-based learning, Group learning discussions, case studies, business problem solving, Action Planning, Role Plays with immediate feedback
- Post Workshop Interventions: Post Training Strategy development coaching with Follow Up Calls and Final Presentation with Leadership Team
- Each organization is different in its solutions and needs. The current marketplace is dynamic and ever-evolving. Kaleidoscope consulting recognizes the need to work with the unique business climate that your organization is a part of. For this reason, the workshop also looks at identifying the specific competency model required for your business leaders and managers and employs a personalized approach towards developing your leadership’s potential to develop and roll out a strategy.